When I go to markets and fairs the main smell is all of the varieties of glazed nuts. I would grab a bag and walk around, finish them, and want more. This inspired me to come home and make my own. They are very easy to make and a great gift for the holidays, I fill mason jars with these and place a pretty ribbon and they are perfect to give to anyone from your mom to the mailman. These can be made anytime of the year and they stay for a long time in an airtight container. I love to see my best friend Jackie's face when she opens the door and I hand her these nuts, she loves them.
4 cups raw pecan halves
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon melted butter
1 egg white plus 3 tablespoons water whisked slightly
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Whisk the sugar, cinnamon, and salt together, and set aside.
3. Place the pecans in a large bowl
4. Whisk the egg/water mixture together in a small bowl
5. Add the egg/water mixture to the bowl with the pecans and coat evenly
4. Add the melted butter, to the pecans, stir again
4. Add the sugar, cinnamon and salt mixture and coat the pecans.
5. Place a piece of foil sprayed with cooking spray, on cookie sheet and spread the nuts out evenly
6. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
7. Let cool completely on the cookie sheet, remove and place in a airtight container. Enjoy!!!