These delicious savory poppers are perfect, they have a buttery, flaky crust, then filled with cheese, pepperoni, pepper, then baked to perfection and place dipping sauce on the side, these will be gone right before your eyes. Great for parties, sports games, snack for yourself or the family at night. I have made a few similar recipes but using bacon that I will post. Ever since I saw this recipe. I love it!!
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 48 slices pepperoni
- 1/2-3/4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1-2 cups pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two mini muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- When you unwrap the crescent roll package, separate the four rectangles ( triangles) If they fall apart, that’s fine, just put them back together. You should have four even rectangles. Slightly roll out the dough horizontally and vertically.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on each rectangle and then sprinkle with a little bit of chopped green pepper. Press into dough. Layer pepperoni on top of cheese and peppers. There should be three rows of four pepperonis each.
- Tightly roll, jelly roll style and cut each rectangle into six pieces.
- Place poppers, cut side down into mini muffin tins.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until crescent roll dough is cooked through and pale brown.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce.
Recipe slightly adapted and photo source from: http://www.cookingforkeeps.com/2014/01/31/supreme-pizza-poppers/#ixzz39cmhEXnB