This amazingly moist bread is so simple and easy to make, with a cinnamon/sugar swirl in the middle of a delicious batter. For years I used to do the old fashion way of mixing and adding everyday a new ingredient and sharing, no more now you can have this bread right out of your oven in just minutes. and your house is filled with the aroma of cinnamon while baking. It is the perfect bread for dessert or breakfast.
For The Batter ( Makes 2 loaves)
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs.
2. Add milk, flour, and baking soda. Put a little less than 1/2 of batter into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan).
3. Mix in a small separate bowl the 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the 1/2 batter in each pan.
4. Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 42-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool in pans for 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
recipe and photo source from:http://www.redflycreations.com/2012/10/the-amazing-amish-cinnamon-bread.html