Monday, December 30, 2013
Ultimate Stuffed Mushrooms
These will be a big hit at your next party, yummy, cheesy goodness with sun dried tomatoes is a perfect combination..I have many recipes for stuffed mushrooms but wanted something different, then I came across this combination at it was amazing..you can add any of your favorite ingredients to this to make it your own, but I wouldn't. Trust me!!!
1 large container of button mushrooms
1/4 cup sun dried tomato's packed in oil, pat the tomatoes on a paper towel to take excess oil off
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tablespoon shallot, finely minced
1 1/2 tablespoons, finely minced fresh basil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Centers of the mushrooms after you clean them out
Preheat oven to 400 degrees 1. Place all of your mushrooms on a cookie sheet, then place a large bowl next to it
2. Get a few pieces of paper towel and dampen them with water.
3. With the dampened paper towel, wipe the mushrooms until they are clean.
4. Using a small spoon scoop out the center then place all of the mushroom centers on a cutting board and using a knife dice finely chop the insides of mushrooms then place the caps back on cookie sheet
5. In a medium skillet using 2 tablespoons olive oil add the mushroom stems, garlic, and shallot and sauté for 5 minutes on low. Let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Place the mushroom mixture in a medium bowl then add the cream cheese, sun dried tomato's, basil, and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, then stir until combined.
6. Stuff the mushrooms with the filling, top with remaining parmesan cheese and bake for 10-14 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted on top.
recipe adapted from: iwashyoudry.com