These little bite size pepperoni puffs are perfect for your party this year. With the addition of the spices, pepperoni and cheese, I am sure they will be a big hit..my favorite food is pepperoni and after I came across this recipe I was in love..
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Pinch of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1- 1/4 cup cubed pepperoni
1 cup your favorite pizza sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease mini muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
3. Whisk in the milk and the eggs.
4. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan, and pepperoni and mix until well combined. Let stand for 10-15 minutes
5. Divide the batter among the mini muffin cups. Bake until becomes puffy and golden for around 20-25 minutes
6. Heat the pizza sauce and serve on the side of the pizza puffs and enjoy while warm..
Recipe adapted from:Rachael Ray