Saturday, December 28, 2013
Mini Walnut Pies
This is a recipe my Aunt Janie gave me many years ago and I have been making it for the holidays for my cookie trays to hand out for about 8 years now. Everyone loves them. They have a flaky crust filled with a delicious walnut filling that everyone will love. This recipe is so simple, quick and easy to make.
Ingredients For The Pastry Crust:
1 cup cold butter
6 ounces soft cream cheese
2 cups all purpose flour
For The Filling
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped finely walnuts
1. For the pastry dough place the flour, cream cheese and cubed butter in a large bowl, and with a pastry cutter or your hands mix until It is all combined and a dough ball forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until chilled, about 1/2 hour.
2. While the dough is chilling in a large bowl combine all of the filling mixture and mix with spatula until all combined. Set aside until dough is chilled.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and you will need mini muffin tins. You do not need to grease them.
4. When dough is a little cold take a piece of dough about 1-1/2 inch ball size and place in the mini muffin tin and using your fingers spread the dough up the sides of the pan to make a small cup.
5. Use about 1 teaspoon of filling to fill the cups. Place in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes just until you see the dough around the edges a golden brown. Mine were perfect at 25 minutes.
6. Let them cool for about 15 minutes then using a knife around the edges lift the walnut cheesecakes out of the tins and place on cooling rack until completely cooled.
7. This makes about 48 cheesecakes..Enjoy!!!!