These Greek Chicken Gyros With Tzatziki is so amazing, bursting with flavors, starting with marinating the chicken in some greek seasoning, grill until tender yet crisp on the outside, then layering on delicious warm Naan bread, Tzatziki, chicken, lettuce, tomato, and red onion. And biting into this omg is so good. Who doesn't love gyros, I think everyone has had a few in their lives, and these are just delicious. I personally love Costco's Tzatziki sauce, it is only 6 dollars, and delicious but also I did put a recipe for homemade, I made is easy on myself and sometimes just purchase pre made, you can use leftover sauce for dipping pita, veggies, put on sandwiches. My entire family will come to the table for this meal, and I will tell you we have a lot of different taste buds in this family, but this is up there with top 10 recipes..
Ingredients For Chicken:
2 pounds chicken tenderloins
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons dried oregano
2 Tablespoons dried parsley
1 Tablespoon dried garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4-6 Naan Bread
Tzatziki Sauce, recipe below, or store purchased
Red Onion, sliced thin
Lettuce, shredded, sliced thin
Tomatos, sliced thin
1. In a large dish or large storage bag, place your chicken, olive oil, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Seal bag or cover dish and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Using a indoor grill pan, or outdoor grill, spray the grill with cooking spray and place your chicken on the grill. Cook about 5-7 minutes, turn the chicken and grill for another 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
3. Remove chicken from grill, slice each tenderloin in half lengthwise.
4. Meanwhile heat your naan bread in the oven on 400 for 2-3 minutes. Just until warm. Do not let burn.
5. Assemble the Gyro by spreading Tzatziki sauce all over the naan bread, place your chicken, red onion, lettuce, and tomatoes, then if desired place some more Tzatziki over the top. Eat and Enjoy!!
Tzatziki Sauce Recipe: You can purchase pre made at Costco or your local food store or make homemade
Tzatziki sauce recipe and photo source:http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/tzatziki-recipe/