These energy bites are a healthy and when you need a sweet healthy treat grab a few of these made with plums,almonds, prunes, oats, almond butter, and honey. Then drizzled with white chocolate to add a perfect topping. A perfect snack made with all healthy ingredients for energy, you have prunes that are a good source of fiber, delicious taste and full of nutrition, they also keep you feel fuller longer. Then almonds and plums add another boost of nutrition to these delicious bites..
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats. In a food processor, chop the almonds until semi finely chopped. Add the almonds to the bowl of oats.
- In the food processor, add the 2/3 cup prunes and puree with the 1 Tablespoon of water. Add the prune puree, along with the almond butter, honey, and vanilla to the oat mixture. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated and combined. Then add the chopped Dried Plums, and mix. Mixture will be sticky, that is normal
- Spoon out heaping tablespoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls. Place the balls on a sheet of parchment or wax paper. When all the bites are rolled out, drizzle with the melted white chocolate.
- To melt the chocolate place in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring each time until completely melted, then place in a ziploc bag, snip the corner then drizzle over the bites.
- Store in an airtight container, and refrigerate or freeze.
recipe and photo source:http://delightfulemade.com/2015/01/29/plum-almond-energy-bites/