These Chocolate cupcakes with a Blackberry Buttercream are moist and tender melt in your mouth cupcakes, then topped off with a delicious Blackberry Buttercream that when combined is a perfect combination. These are great for parties, weddings, showers, etc. Or just to have at home, I am always finding and trying new cupcake recipes because they are my favorite to always have in the house. Everyone loves the taste of these, I found this recipe a long time ago and make them for a lot of my parties, they will certainly be a huge hit and they look great too..These are very easy to make not many ingredients and great any time of the year.
Ingredients For The Chocolate Cupcake:
1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1 cup milk
1/3 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredinets For The Blackberry Buttercream:
1 cup butter, softened
3-4 cups powdered sugar
4-5 tablespoons blackberry puree, strained
Directions For The Cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pans with cupcake liners
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl whisk to gently combine the eggs, oil, milk, yogurt and vanilla and just whisk until incorporated.
4. Add cake mix to wet ingredients and whisk then stir just until combined, if you over mix you will have a tough cupcake.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 13-19 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Directions For The Blackberry Buttercream:
1. Buttercream: Beat butter for 2-3 minutes until it becomes a pale yellow. Slowly add powdered sugar until the frosting becomes very thick. Slowly add berry puree a little at a time. Stop once the buttercream becomes the right consistency. If it becomes too loose, add more powdered sugar to thicken. (To make blackberry puree, place berries in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Put the puree through a strainer to remove the seeds)
2. Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes and top with a fresh blackberry.
http://www.yourcupofcake.com/2012/06/chocolate-blackberry-cupcakes.htmlrecipe and photo source: