This amazing cupcake has the exact taste of rainbow sherbert and delicious and refreshing cupcake. When you use a Strawberry flavor, an Orange Creamsicle flavor, and a Key Lime flavored frosting. All swirled together. The fruity flavor of it and the colors make these Rainbow Sherbet Cupcakes seem like the perfect summer cupcake. This is a cupcake perfect for adults and the kids.
- For Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups melted Rainbow Sherbet (can melt in microwave)
- For Frosting
- Duncan Hines Flavor Creations packets in Strawberry Shortcake, Orange Creamsicle, and Key Lime
- 8 cups of Powdered Sugar
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl add cake mix, eggs, and rainbow sherbet. Stir to combine. Add in the flour and give a few stirs until just mixed in.
- Add cake batter to the cupcake liners using a ⅓ cup of batter, filling until the cupcake liners are about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes or until baked through, check with a toothpick. Let the cupcakes cool in the baking tin for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to continue cooling.
- For Frosting
- Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl.
- Mix on low speed for 2-3 minutes until ingredients are combined. Then mix on medium speed for an additional 3 minutes until frosting is peaking, meaning that it is holding it's shape.
- Separate into three bowls and add a flavor packet to each bowl. Stir to completely combine the flavor into the frosting, should have a uniform color throughout.
- Frost using all three frostings, tutorial at House of Yumm here. I used a Wilton 2D tip for these cupcakes.
Author: Serene @ House of Yumm
recipe and photo sourcefrom:http://thenymelrosefamily.com/2014/07/rainbow-sherbet-cupcakes.html/2