Sunday, July 13, 2014
Blueberry Banana Bread
This recipe is my original Best Banana Bread Ever recipe, now adapted by adding fresh blueberries. What can make the most amazing banana bread even better, add some fresh blueberries, and now every bite has a burst of blueberries. This original banana bread recipe is from my Aunt MaryKay, and I have loved it since I was young...I know that there are so many different recipes from all over, but wait until you try this one. It is perfect..
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup very ripe mashed bananas ( 2-3 bananas)
1 cup fresh blueberries ( 2 Tablespoons flour for coating, before you fold in the blueberries toss them in the flour so they do not sink to the bottom)
1. Beat oil and sugar together until well combined.
2. Beat in the eggs, milk, vinegar, and vanilla
3. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt
4. Add the flour mixture to the oil/sugar mixture alternately with the mashed banana (begin and end with flour) Fold in the blueberries.
5. Pour into greased or sprayed loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees if using a glass or enamel loaf pan.
7. Do not over bake even though it may not look done. It will be a golden brown color.
8. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 1 hour then remove from pan.
Note: Some loaf pans are on smaller size and make a higher loaf, some are larger that will make a flatter loaf. Experiment with time based on your oven and the size and material of your pan.