This Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken is a delicious mouth watering chicken that is roasted with lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper, and drizzled with olive oil. These flavors air perfectly together and will be a crowd pleaser, not to mention it smells so good while roasting. So easy to make, this dish is a perfect one pot dish that you just place everything in the roasting pan, and let it cook. So simple and so good. Perfect for a weeknight meal, or you can serve a crowd. Make some pasta, noodles, or rice on the side and you have a easy meal that your family will love.
4 large bone in chicken breasts, cut in half, leaving bone in
or if desired you can use chicken thighs, I prefer chicken breasts
2 large lemons
Up to 1/4 cup olive oil for drizzling
3 Tablespoons dried rosemary or fresh rosemary
4 Tablespoons fresh parsley, diced
salt and pepper to taste
you can also add oregano or your favorite herbs
1. Place oven on 375 degrees and take out a large roasting pan
2. Place cut chicken in roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil
3. Drizzle olive oil all over the chicken, Season with salt and pepper, and rosemary
4. Cut a large lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice all over chicken pieces
5. Slice the lemon in slices and place a slice of lemon over each piece of chicken.
6. Roast in oven for about 1 hour, every 20 minutes baste chicken with the juices in the pan, check after 45 minutes to see if chicken's ouside skin is crispy and center is no longer pink
7. Sprinkle fresh parsley over chicken. When serving spoon out the juice( sauce) from the botttom of the roasting pan and pour over chicken. Serve with potatoes, rice, noodles and a veggie.