This apple crisp is so amazing, with very few ingredients the sweet apples, cinnamon, sugar, and the topping is the best part of recipe. It is buttery, with a little crunch just perfect. You can get 5 individual Apple crisps with this recipe,and believe me try it. You will be making this once a week it is that easy.
I love the fall the smell of apples, pumpkin, cinnamon in the air while baking and cooking. Those are the 3 ingredients I love to use. I have a recipe for an apple crisp which is to die for, so I switches things up a bit and made this recipe to fit in these cute little ramekins, by the way I love The Pioneer Woman's collection. You can find in Walmart or online.
For The Apples,
3 Large Gala apples, peeled, cored, sliced on the thin side
3 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
2 Tablespooons flour
For The Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 egg, what I did was whisked 1 egg and poured half into the topping mixture
1/2 stick butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 4-5, (I used 5) ramekins with cooking spray then set aside, for the topping in a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and the egg. Set the topping aside
2. In another medium bowl add the cut apples, coat with 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice, then in a small bowl add the sugar and cinnamon and stir together, then pour into the bowl and coat the apples with the cinnamon/sugar mixture then sprinkle the 2 Tablespoons flour and toss the apples to coat.
3. Distribute the apples evenly into the ramekins then evenly place the topping on each
4. Melt the butter in the microwave, then with a spoon drizzle the butter over the topping, do with each ramekin until using all of the butter
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the topping gets light to golden brown
6. You can enjoy these warm or room temperature