These moist, tender, soft and fluffy red velvet cupcakes alone are delicious then adding a smooth creamy melt in your mouth frosting to these and you have yourself a beautiful and yummy cupcake.
Yes, Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I love it, I don't know why, every year I make him his favorite dinner and desserts, well his favorite dessert is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, mine is red velvet, you have to have some red, pink and white to your table if you are making your loved ones a nice dinner. After I came across this amazing recipe I have been making them since, every party, and to have for us to eat on the counter.
No we do not go out for Valentine's Day why would you the prices are crazy, the places are packed and why not sit home and make a delicious dinner and watch a movie. Now that is my perfect Valentine's Day. Not waiting on lines, not being able to talk with all the crowds, does that sound like fun to you, nope not here, I decorate the table and make the hubby his favorite dishes that he likes. Well this year he is asking for a homemade caesar salad, homemade Mac and Cheese, roast beef, gravy, roasted heart shaped potatoes, or mashed potatoes, and pancetta garlic asparagus and a chocolate cake, these cupcakes, a big heart shaped chocolate chip cookie, sugar cookies. Yes those are his favorite foods, and my hubby deserves what he wants, so I will be shopping, baking and cooking all day..I am sure I will add a few more things like some biscuits.
1 box Red Velvet Cake mix
1/3 Cup melted butter, cooled
1 1/4 Cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For The Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 Cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3- 4 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your pans with the cupcake liners.
2. Into a medium sized mixing bowl sift cake mix to remove any lumps then set bowl aside
3. In another large bowl add the eggs, melted butter, (cooled), buttermilk, and vanilla extract then with a whisk gently mix to combine ingredients.
4. Then add the cake mix and stir and whisk until smooth.
5. Fill about 22-23 cupcake liners and bake for 15-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool completely
7. Frosting: In a large mixing bowl add the butter and cream cheese and beat on high for 2-3 minutes. Then add the vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If the frosting becomes too thick, just add 1 Tablespoon milk.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with heart sprinkles, or any red, or white sprinkles, whatever you have.
Recipe and photo source:http://www.yourcupofcake.com/2013/01/red-velvet-cupcakes.html