Granola is by far the best I have ever eaten every bite has a crunch from the clusters and the nuts, along with a soft juicy texture from the dried fruit, and by far the healthiest snack we can eat, this recipe makes so many, no need to go purchase a little bag of granola that is full of preservatives and things we cannot even pronounce this is full of vitamins. Grab a bunch place in the kids or adults lunch, and I eat this at night and snack on it all day, it is so delicious you cannot go wrong with this simple recipe.
2 cups plain box granola (non flavored, no added ingredients)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce)
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
1 cup chopped raw almonds ( or pecans), I use almonds, chop in half
3/4 cups golden raisins
3/4 cups dark raisins
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried apricots, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, optional
Preheat oven to 300 degrees using 2 large cookie sheets lined with a silpat or foil sprayed with a little cooking spray
1. In a large bowl add the granola, sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, salt, oil, coconut and stir until completely combined.
2. Bake for 55-60 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
3. After removing from oven with a spatula keep turning granola, until it becomes into little clusters, some may just a few some larger, it's okay it's delicious either way.
4. After cooled place into large bowl add both the raisins, cranberries, apricots and chocolate chips if desired, I honestly do not add the chocolate chips there is enough healthy natural sweetness going in there, it is so good just the way it is.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to several weeks.