Who Doesn't love Chocolate Covered Strawberries with any chocolate you love and With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I love to make my husband and kids their own box of strawberries, they all love them and their are so many ways to make them. Instead of going and ordering and expensive box of them here is a recipe you can make right at home in just minutes. Just be creative and you can do this, use your imagination and favorite ingredients and it's so simple. Then I purchased a box from the arts and crafts store and place them in there and you have a beautiful package
1 Bag chocolate chips, ( I love milk, semi sweet, white) which ever you desire
1/2 teaspoon shortening
Any additional toppings you desire to dip in, etc. mini chocolate chips,`butterfingers, any candy bar, the options are endless, just pulse them into mini bites and after dipping, dip them in topping. You can also drizzle them with different colors, use what you like and get in there and be creative
1. Set up a working station, place parchment paper on cookie sheets and set aside
2. Rinse and completely dry your strawberries, because water and chocolate do not like eachother
3. In a small-medium sized bowl place your chocolate and shortening and melt in 30 second intervals, then mix with spatula until completely smooth.
4. Grab from the stem, dip them in chocolate then place on parchment paper, if you are going to drizzle another color let them set, then when dry place some chocolate into a piping or storage bag and just make zig zag lines, then let dry. If you are dipping them into chocolate pieces or candy, first dip in chocolate then immediately dip into the candy, and let completely dry.
5. I make them the same day, if you are planning a do ahead, place them into a airtight container but do not make to early, I would make the same day as using them