This muddy buddy mix is the perfect treat, with eat bite you bite into a layer of fluffy powdered sugar, then a rich chocolaty, peanut butter then the crunch of the cereal that gives this treat layers of flavors when you take a bite. How could something so super easy with few ingredients be so good and yet so easy, it's just so good.
There is a trick to making this because literally everyone has made or eaten muddy buddy mix so many ways to make this, the most important is your ratio of your ingredients to the cereal, you without a doubt need a lot of powdered sugar, two cups for me are good but you can add more if needed.
This treat literally takes 5 minutes to make and from the taste of it you would think you spent a long time making this, It happens to be our favorite snack, great for kids snacks, grab a handful and take in the car, perfect for company, football games, make a bunch of different kinds of muddy buddy mix and place it on the table and let everyone enjoy all the different varieties. Their are endless recipes for Muddy Buddy mix, you can also find on my blog. I think my favorite is the Cinnamon And Churro and cookies and cream, and I can go on and on.
I should have named my blog cinnamon and sugar, because they are the most wonderful foods on earth to me. If I could I would and I actually do put cinnamon on mostly everything I eat, sugar well I love sugar.
9 cups rice Chex cereal
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
Place 2 cookie sheets on counter and place 2 pieces of parchment or wax paper on the cookie sheets and set aside.
1. In a large bowl add all of the Chex cereal and set aside
2. In a large storage bag place the powdered sugar and set aside
3. In a medium sized microwave proof bowl combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter, then microwave for 1 minute, remove from microwave and stir with a spatula. If needed place back in microwave for 20 seconds and stir until completely smooth, after the chocolate mixture is completely melted add the vanilla extract and stir until it's all combined.
3. Place the chocolate mixture all over the Chex mix and gently with a spatula stir to completely coat all of the cereal.
4. After the cereal is all coated with the mixture, pour into the bag with the powdered sugar, seal the bag and shake, shake, shake. Gently turn bag upside down and back and fourth to get all of the cereal coated. Place on the 2 cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper until set. After it is set and cooled place into a airtight container and enjoy.