Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hamburger Pie Stuffed Potatoes





These potatoes are cooked perfectly then stuffed with the mixture of meat, sauce, onions and veggies topped with melted cheddar cheese. I love hamburger pie ( Shepard's Pie) we grew up eating this dish, but we had it in the layered casserole, I will post the recipe for that also, which is so easy and my all time favorite.
Can't go wrong with these it will please everyone, you have your meat, sauce, and veggies all packed into this potatoes. We have all once in our lives had a hamburger or Shepards pie.  Have some salad on the side and everyone will enjoy these. I saw this recipe and knew I would like it, but I made the changes as to how I make my casserole and just stuffed my mixture into these potatoes.





Ingredients:


  • 4-6 baking potatoes
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, chopped 
  • 2 cups homemade pasta sauce, or 1 jar sauce 
  • 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained, or you can use frozen corn 
  • 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 




  • Directions:

    1. Clean and pierce the potatoes first then bake potatoes in a 400°F oven for about an hour or until cooked. ( If desired I place my potatoes into foil, pierce them and drizzle a little olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for about an hour) 

    2. While the potatoes are cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef, onion, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat, until it is browned. Drain any fat left. Add meat with onions back to large skillet add the tomato sauce and veggies stir, until warm and until mixture thickens. 

    3. Cut a slit down the length of the potatoes.  Squeeze the sides of the potato to open it up more and place the potatoes in a 13x9 inch glass baking dish. 

    4. Spoon the filling into the potatoes and top with as much shredded cheesecake you desire.

    5. Place the dish under the broiler for 2 or 3 minutes, or back into the oven until cheese is melted and browned.

    No comments: