These beautiful delicious snowflake cookies are moist and tender on the inside, with the beautiful red color and then piping on a delicious royal icing make them beautiful to look at on your table for Christmas. These cookies are the perfect gift to wrap up and give out to friends and family.
Just looking at these cookies reminds me of snow and the holidays. They will brighten up your holidays. I love anything red velvet, cookies, cakes, these are our favorite tradition for the past few years since I found this recipe. They will not disappoint you. Make sure to add this recipe to your Christmas cookie list, and you will be making these every year. Enjoy..
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tablespoon red velvet (emulsion food coloring)or you can use Wilton red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder
- ¼ cup melted chocolate chips
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dry buttermilk ( in the baking isle)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, mix in red velvet emulsion food coloring ,vanilla, cocoa, and melted chocolate. Blend in flour baking powder, dry buttermilk, and salt. Mix until dough pulls away from paddle and begins to form ball. Roll out on floured surface. Cut into desired shape with cookie cutter. About 1/2 inch in thickness. Bake on Parchment lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for 6-9 minutes.
For The Royal Icing Ingredients:
2 lbs confectioner’s sugar
⅓ cup meringue powder
¾ cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1.Place Sugar and Meringue Powder in mixer with whisk attachment and mix it so it’s blended.
Add ¾ cup water and vanilla extract and mix on medium low until it’s combined about 3-5 minutes. Them turn mixer on high and mix until it’s stiff and fluffy.
Allow icing to dry before stacking or wrapping the cookies about 8-10 hours.
recipe and photo from:http://www.createdby-diane.com/2013/12/red-velvet-snowflake-cookie.html