This delicious Ande Mint Chocolate Fudge has been a tradition in my holiday baking for years. One word to describe is amazing. with an easy fudge base. In the middle is a layer combining melted white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and a drop of green food dye. Then the perfect sweet crunch of Ande mint chips and mini chips. Top it all off with a coating of pure melted chocolate. Simply melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk together. Pour into a pan and that's it. The bottom firms up great, and the center melts in your mouth. It is a slice of heaven.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate baking chips
- 1 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and or Andes Creme De Mint Baking Chips
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Spray paper with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips with 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, stirring occasionally. Spread melted chocolate mixture into pan and chill for 5-10 minutes.
- In another saucepan, melt white baking chips and remaining condensed milk, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and add peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread mint layer over chilled chocolate layer. Chill for 5-10 minutes as you make the final layer.
- Melt remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tsp shortening in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir until completely smooth. Spread over chilled mint layer. Top with mini chocolate chips and/or Andes baking chips. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until fudge is completely set, at least 2-4 hours
- Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to two weeks.
recipe photo source from:http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/10/20/andes-mint-chocolate-chip-fudge/