These amazing chocolate cookies are so moist and tender yet crisp on the outside, then with every bite a burst of delicious fresh Pomegranate's. I started making these last year and they were a huge hit. These combinations of flavors work perfectly, great for cookie exchanges and your cookie platter on the Christmas dessert table, a must make. Enjoy!!
1/2 cup, 1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2- 2 1\2 cups chocolate chips ( 1 bag)
1 cup fresh pomogranate seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, set aside non greased cookie sheets
2. In a large mixing bowl cream butter, shortening, both sugars, vanilla, eggs. Then beat on medium high speed for about 3 minutes. Until very creamy
3. In a seperate large bowl whisk together flour, focus, baking soda, and salt.
4. Slowly add to the mixing bowl with the butter mixture and mix until incorporated.
5 Fold in the chocolate chips, and pomogranate seeds gently.
6. Scoop dough into small balks into a un greased cookie sheet bark for 9-11 minutes or until set.