Monday, September 22, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Nut Trail Mix




This trail mix is a remix of my favorite recipe of my cinnamon sugared pecans. I gave it a twist and turned this delicious snack into a trail mix by combining dried fruit and a combination of white and semi sweet chocolate chips. This is perfect for grabbing a handful and taking them on the road for a healthy and delicious snack. I love the combination of these flavors of the sweet and salty combined and I am sure you will to. Perfect for night time snacks, kids lunch, football games or grab a bag and go if you are going on a long road trip, these will defiantly hold you over.



When I go to markets and fairs the main smell is all of the varieties of glazed nuts. I would grab a bag and walk around, finish them, and want more. This inspired me to come home and make my own. They are very easy to make and a great gift for the holidays, I fill mason jars with these and place a pretty ribbon and they are perfect to give to anyone from your mom to the mailman. 






4 cups raw and unsalted combination of pecan halves, cashews, almonds, walnuts, you can use 1 cup of each or your favorite nuts, I love the pecans
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 1/4 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon melted butter
1 egg plus 3 tablespoons water whisked slightly

1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate chips, 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 cups Dried Cranberries



1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Whisk the sugar, cinnamon, and salt together, add the pecan halves and stir well to coat each on evenly.
3.Add the melted butter, stir again
4. Add the egg/water mixture and stir again to coat all nuts
5. Place a piece of foil sprayed with cooking spray, on cookie sheet and spread the nuts out evenly
6. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes

7. Let cool completely on the cookie sheet
8. After completely cooled add your chips and dried Cranberries 
9. Store into an airtight container, baggies or mason jars

No comments: