This Autumn muddy mix is perfect for the fall, the cereal is coated in chocolaty chips and then in a brownie mix, perfectly coated and tossed. Then adding your favorite Autumn candies, mine are M&M's which go perfectly with these. And toss some candy corn in for color and great for Halloween.
These would be perfect for Halloween goodie bags to hand out for class parties for the kids and also at the door for trick or treaters. I love to make these in all different flavors for all the seasons.
If you do not like candy corn you can add any candy you prefer, I personally do not love candy corn but it is a tradition so I eat it, sounds kinda funny. But anyway the kids enjoy it and it looks so good when it is added in. I like the candy corn that is chocolate flavored. Every year they come up with different flavors, I think this year they have starburst, sounds good and I may like those, but not in this recipe.
8 C. Chex Rice cereal squares
1 1/2 C. chocolate chips
1/2 C. peanut butter, creamy, or you can omit the peanut butter see note below
3/4 C. powdered sugar
3/4 C. brownie mix from box
2 large plastic bags
2 1/2 C. Autumn M&M candies, or Autumn Reese's pieces candies
2 1/2 C. Candy Corn
1. Place Chex cereal in a large bowl and put your powdered sugar in one large plastic bag and your brownie mix in another.
2. Put your chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave proof bowl and heat for 30-50 seconds and stir until smooth.
3. Pour over Chex cereal and gently fold until coated completely in the chocolate.
4. Put half of your chocolate coated cereal in one plastic bag (with the powdered sugar) and then other half in your other bag (with the brownie mix).
5. Seal each bag and shake until covered.
6. Pour onto 2 cookie sheets to cool.
7. Serve with Autumn M&M, or Reese's Pieces and Candy Corn
NOTE: For peanut allergies, omit peanut butter and use more chocolate chips for your chocolate, so use 2 cups chocolate chips.
recipe adapted from:http://www.yourcupofcake.com/2013/09/halloween-puppy-chow-take-2.html