Monday, September 21, 2015

Aunt MaryKay's Banana Cake With Buttercream Frosting

























This Banana Cake is the most delicious best ever hands down cake you will ever eat. It is so moist full of banana flavor then topped off with an amazing easy frosting which I cant decide what I like better the cake or the frosting. Either way, I can finish this cake off myself in 2 days, and we fight for the last piece. My family is always asking me to make this cake if they don't see it on my counter. You can also have this cake with no frosting if you desire..But I would make the simple frosting, it only takes 5 extra minutes..

I call this Aunt MaryKays cake because she had made this when I went to visit her and she gave me her last slice. So that was not enough for me, I needed the recipe right away and ran home to make it, and ever since this is the families favorite cake.



Ingredients For The Cake:

1 1/4 cup granulated sugar ( you can take out 2 teaspoons sugar for a little less sweeter)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
2/3 cup buttermilk or add 2/3 cup milk with 1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups very ripe bananas mashed ( about 3 large)


Ingredients For The Frosting:

3 3/4 cups Domino powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3-4 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla



Directions For The Cake:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Slightly spray a 13x9 inch baking dish

In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. whisk until all is combined then set bowl aside.

In another large bowl add the oil, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk or beat only for a minute until combined
NOTE: You can whisk this it does not require a mixer unless batter is not smooth. After batter is smooth add the mashed bananas to the mixture and just stir in.

Bake 32-35 minute or until toothpick comes out clean cool cake completely and frost and serve



Frosting Directions

In a large bowl combine the powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla the beat on low speed until combined then beat on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes until creamy, if needed you can add another 1 Tablespoon of milk if to thick..Spread on cooled cake. Store in covered container at room temp.

Enjoy!!!
















No comments: