These super cute moist, tender cupcakes are so good, with a melt in your mouth whipped cream mousse frosting, that is so good and the best part of these cupcakes. Then a cherry on top with a straw just makes these perfect. St. Patrick's Day is coming so grab the ingredients and have these for dessert or to bring to a party.
I just love the looks of this bright and cheery cupcake, reminds me that spring is right around the corner, yeaa..Then when I found this recipe I made them fell in love with the moist cake and again the frosting, WOW..I learned by adding just a little bit of pudding mix to the frosting stabilizes it, wont melt or run, that is a great tip. Another great tip I always use buttermilk in my cake mix, it makes them so moist, spend the 2 dollars and it is worth it believe me.
1 box white cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
If desired for a mint taste you can add 2 teaspoons mint extract
Green food coloring ( dye)
For The Whipped Cream Mousse Frosting:
1 pint heavy whipping cream, cold from the fridge
2 Tablespoons Hershey's white chocolate instant pudding mix, or any brand you can find
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
3. In a large bowl sift cake mix to remove lumps then add eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream, vanilla extract and and stir until smooth. Add as much green food dye as desired.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 13-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Then remove cupcakes from cupcake tin right away and set on a wire rack
6. For The Whipped Cream Mousse.
7. In your stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat whipping cream and instant pudding mix until the whipped cream is stiff.
8. Pipe topping onto cooled cupcakes and finish with maraschino cherries and place any color straws.
recipe adapted slightly and photo source:http://www.yourcupofcake.com/2015/02/shamrock-shake-cupcakes.html