Thursday, October 2, 2014
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
These roasted potatoes are going to be your new favorite side dish, they are roasted to perfection with olive oil, garlic, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. They are crisp on the outside and soft in the center.
Perfect for any side dish, or for parties and brunch. I made these potatoes for my daughters birthday party, every year for my kids birthdays they get to choose their meal, and these potatoes are on everyones list, my son requests these with steak for his birthday. These are super delicious. The perfect combination is rosemary with potatoes, a match made in heaven. Fresh Rosemary is a very strong herb, you do not need much, I have it in my kitchen at all times and their are many ways to cook with this herb. It is a perfect addition to chicken, and many other savory dishes.
4-5 large baking potatoes, washed and scrubbed clean
1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, or regular olive oil
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3-4 teaspoons fresh rosemary, you can leave rosemary whole, but if desired you can cut the fresh rosemary in half
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, place 2 baking sheets out on the counter
2. Cut the potatoes lengthwise, then cut into thirds lengthwise to make wedges, make sure you cut them all the same size, or as close as you can to it
3. Place potatoes evenly on cookie sheets, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and then evenly sprinkle the fresh rosemary.
4. Using your hands, toss the potatoes to make sure they are all coated evenly
5. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then shake the pan so they can turn over, then cook for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, I like mine a little crispy.
6. Serve warm and enjoy..