Their are so many apple pie and crisp recipes that everyone says it is their favorite, but after you try this recipe it will soon become yours. It has the perfect amount of sweetness, then mixed with the tart and sweet apples and a touch of a crispy top it will be gone before you know it. You can eat this at room temperature or warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
For the Apples:
6 medium to large Macintosh apples
5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
For the Topping:
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 stick butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a round pie plate
2. Peel, core, and slice apples ( not to thick) and place them in a medium size bowl and squeeze 1/2 lemon over them and stir to coat.
3. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon until combined and pour over the apples and stir gently until all of the apples are coated.
4. After the apples are coated put in buttered pie plate.
5. Mix all of the topping ingredients together until crumbly and pour the topping over the apples to cover completely.
6. Melt the 1 stick of butter in a microwave bowl for about 50-60 seconds. After the butter is melted evenly pour all over the topping until all of the topping is coated with the butter.
7. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until top becomes a light-golden brown.
8. Enjoy when it is warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or I like it at room temperature.