These amazing bursting with fresh flavor of fresh raspberries, starting with a melt in your mouth shortbread crust, then filled with fresh raspberries and raspberry preserves, then topped with a delicious, sweet streusel with oats, cinnamon and butter..This is the perfect recipe for spring summer dessert for home, parties..This screams spring..The fresh raspberries are out now and delicious..This recipe is made in a 13x9 inch pan, but you can just cut this recipe in half if you are just making for just a little treat, just cut the baking time to 30-35 minutes and use a 8 inch square pan, I found this recipe and I knew I would love it because, I LOVE a shortbread crust, and a streusel topping, and then it caught my attention with raspberries..This is just such a beautiful dessert, place some vanilla glaze on these, serve with a piece of mint on your platter and you will have happy guests..Enjoy..
For The Shortbread Crust:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
For The Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry preserves
- 20 fresh raspberries
For The Streusal:
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed into small pieces
For The Vanilla Glaze, Optional:
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoonVanilla Extract
4 Tablespoons Heavy cream or milk
Directions for the glaze, in a medium bowl combine the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk or heavy cream and whisk until creamy and pourable..
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees, then line the bottom and sides of an 13x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper, also leaving enough overhang on all sides then Set aside.
- Make the crust: Stir the melted butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt together in a medium bowl. Add the flour and stir until everything is combined. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven, and turn the oven up to 350 degrees
- Spread preserves over warm crust. Dot the preserves with raspberries on top.
- To Make the streusel: In a large bowl place the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour and whisk together. Cut in the chilled butter with a pastry blender or two forks until the mixture resembles small- medium coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the filling with streusel and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the streusel is golden brown. The raspberry filling should and will be bubbling on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes at room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Lift the parchment out of the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into bite sized bars. Drizzle the vanilla glaze over the bars using a fork and drizzle into a pattern..These bars are delicious cold or room temp..
recipe and photo source:http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2015/04/22/raspberry-streusel-bars/