These cheesy potatoes are so easy and delicious. The potatoes are tender in the middle yet crispy on the outside, then cheesy, and crisp bacon on the top make these a number one hit, in my home. The family will ask me several times a week to make these. In my house we have a few traditions, Friday is pizza night, and these are 2 times a week. A perfect side dish, or for an appetizer with some chipotle dipping sauce. I have several dipping sauces for homemade russet and sweet potato fries that I will post tomorrow.
6 medium sized red potatoes, scrubbed clean
Salt and Pepper
5 Tablespoons butter, melted
8 ounce sharp cheddar, grated
8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled ( I cook a entire package of bacon and pile on the bacon)
scallions, if desired to sprinkle before serving
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and take out 2 large cookie sheets and spray lightly with cooking spray
2. Cut the potatoes into about 1/2 inch thick rounds, making sure they are all the same size
3. Meanwhile in a large pot bring water to a boil, adding a little salt.
4. Place the potatoes into the boiling water for 5 minutes, then take the potatoes out and place them onto paper towels and pat them dry, removing all of the water
5. Brush both sides of the potatoes with the melted butter, then put a little salt and pepper on each side
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese and melted and bubbly. Then take them out of the oven, place the cooked bacon on top and cook for another 3 minutes. If desired sprinkle with scallions. Enjoy!!!